Information Required from Landlords

In order to comply with the Proceeds of Crime Act 202 and the Money Laundering Regulations Act 2007 we require you to provide us with one proof of identity and one proof of residence, which can be selected from the list below. 

You should either send us the original documents for copying or returning to you; or provide us with copies certified by a solicitor or Notary as genuine. We cannot accept printouts of online bank statements or utility bills. 

If you have provided these documents to our Sales Progression Team in the purchase of a property then we will use these documents. You do not need to supply twice. However, you may still be required to provide certified documents to solicitors and lenders and they may have more stringent conditions about who can certify a document. 

Who can certify a document

Your document must be certified by a professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’). You could ask the following if they offer this service:

  • bank or building society official, councillor, minister of religion, dentist, chartered accountant, solicitor or notary, teacher or lecturer

The person you ask should not be related to you, living at the same address, in a relationship with you


Proof of Identification

  • Current signed passport
  • Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces)
  • EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence of address if it carries this)
  • check
    Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence
  • check
    National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant

Proof of Address

  • Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months
  • Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
  • Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)
  • check
    Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
  • check
    Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
  • check
    Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
  • check
    HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year


If you are a company we require copies of any two of the following documents:

  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Memorandum and Articles of Association
  • a set of the latest accounts.
  • the most recent annual companies house return.

In addition, we will require Individual proof of at least one of the directors of the Company. 

Upload your documents today!